Employees of the Institute of Geoinformatics take a variety of topics in the field of remote sensing, spatial information systems, surveying, geoinformatics, navigation, surveying, geodesy and cartography. As part of the Faculty's statutory surveys and research projects and commissioned works are undertaken, in particular the following:
- development of methods for detection, identification and monitoring of environmental pollution
Geographic Information Systems
- planning and design
Digital Terrain Model
- analysis methods for the construction of NMT
- complex three-dimensional modeling of areas and objects
- three and four-dimensional visualization of complex areas and facilities
Spatial analysis (two-, three-and four-dimensional)
- designing and conducting spatial analysis
- observation sensor locations
radar tracking of surface objects
- Numerical filters
- Neural filters
- analysis, image processing and recognition of radar
- radar tracking of surface objects
The integration of navigation data
- fusion of information about own position
- integration of data about objects being tracked by various sensors (AIS, radar, camera)
- complex fusion of information within the geoinformatics system
Artificial intelligence methods in navigation and GIS
- neural tracking filters
- intelligent data fusion
- terrain modeling and effects with the use of artificial neural networks
- Development of methods for automating the process of data processing interferometric probe.
- Development of a method of dynamic bathymetric data reduction requirements in terms of reporting the construction of hydrographic planchette.
- Development of a method of dynamic digital terrain model generalization for visualization (3 and 4D) bathymetric data.
- Development of methods to improve the interpretive potential scanning sonar image based on bathymetric data high density.
- Development of methods for tracking moving objects based on high frequency sonar scanning geo.
- Verification of mathematical models of different geodata hydrographic processing methods in the laboratory.
- Verification of the developed methods in the real world.