The objective of the presentation of NAVDEC at the IMO was:
- to present the results of research conducted in Poland on the possible applications of modern information and communication technologies (ICT) to enhance maritime navigation safety of navigation, in particular the work on navigation decision support system on a seagoing vessel, conducted at the Maritime University of Szczecin;
- show the direction of changes in navigational systems: converting navigational information systems into navigational decision support systems;
- signal the need to define the requirements and standards for such systems;
- signal the purpose of the inclusion of navigational decision support systems in e-navigation strategy;
- obtaining an opinion on NAVDEC.
The system is currently being tested in real conditions on a seagoing vessel. Its implementation in manufacturing process is planned.
Delegacja polska na 58 sesję Podkomitetu NAV
Prezentacja systemu NAVDEC