In the period of 10-14 September 2018, the 5th session of the Sub-Committee on the Carriage of Cargoes and Containers (CCC) was held at the headquarters in London.
The meeting was attended by delegates from 70 countries around the world, representatives of the European Commission and many non-governmental organisations dealing with safety of maritime transport.
A member of the Polish delegation was Małgorzata Szyszko, PhD. Eng. - head of the Department of Transport Technique and Technology from the Faculty of Engineering and Economics of Transport of the Maritime University of Szczecin.
The CCC Sub-Committee deals with the issues of safe transport of all types of cargoes, especially containers.
In the 5th session, the delegate participated in the works of the sub-committee and the working groups related to the following subjects:
- work on adoption of the proposed amendments to IGF Code and development of guidelines for low-flashpoint fuels,
- work on adoption of the proposed amendments to IGC Code,
- works on adoption of unified interpretations (IACS) to IMO decisions concerning safety, protection and the environment as regards the respective conventions referring mainly to IGF and IGC Codes,
- work on adoption of the proposed amendments to CSS Code,
- getting acquainted with the reports concerning incidents with participation of dangerous cargoes in packaging on vessels or in port areas.