The event organisers included: The Institute of Transport Management of the Maritime University of Szczecin and the West Pomerania Maritime Cluster.
The rank of the event was emphasised by the honorary patronages of: the Minster of Maritime Economy and Inland Navigation, the Marshal of the West Pomerania Province, the Szczecin City Mayor and the Rector of the Maritime University of Szczecin.
This year's meetings were held in three theme sessions:
- A sea port in handling of water-based tourism (the session led by Andrzej Montwiłł, DSc.)
- Handling of project cargo and offshore constructions in sea ports (the session led by Dariusz Bernacki, PhD.)
- Automation and digitalisation of cargo handling port processes in sea ports (the session led by Oliwia Pietrzak, DSc.)
The event gathered almost 100 guests including representatives of local governments, enterprises operating in the area of broadly understood maritime economy, representatives of port authorities, people from the world of science from Gdańsk, Warsaw, Krakow and Szczecin as well as a large group of students interested in the subject matter.
The sessions enjoyed huge interest and evoked discussions not only in the plenary room but also in the corridors. The organisers hope that the Conference will facilitate new ideas and concepts in the area of maritime economy.
The sponsors and partners of the event included:
- DB Port Szczecin Sp. z o.o.
- Zarząd Morskich Portów Szczecin i Świnoujście SA
- The city of Szczecin
- The Shortsea Shipping Promotion Centre
We would like to thank the guests for their attendance and the sponsors for their support !!!